While most students use MyOpenMath in connection with an instructor-led course, MyOpenMath can be used by students as a self-study resource. MyOpenMath provides interactive assessment to supplement several free and open math textbooks that can be read online, or printed copies can be ordered through our partner site, OpenTextBookStore.com. All our self-study courses include online interactive, self-grading assessment that can automatically create new versions of problems to provide unlimited practice with instant feedback. Some include video lessons.
Want to know more? Check out this short overview video.
To enroll in a self-study course, register as a new student, and select the self-study course you wish to take when you sign up. To add an additional class later, click the "Enroll in a new Course" button after logging in.
We currently have self-study courses for:
- Prealgebra, using the College of Redwoods textbook
- Beginning and Intermediate Algebra, using the Tyler Wallace textbook
- Precalculus 1 (College Algebra), using the Lippman/Rasmussen textbook
- Precalculus 2 (Trigonometry), using the Lippman/Rasmussen textbook
- Trigonometry, using the CK12/Sousa textbook